A cookie is a small text file which may be placed on your device (e.g. computer, smartphones, tablets) through your web browser, when you visit a website. When a website is accessed, one or more cookies may be stored on your device and are used during subsequent visits to the same website. Cookies are very common and used by most websites. Each cookie typically stores the name of the domain from which it was downloaded, its lifetime and an associated value.
Purpose of Cookies
- Measure how you interact with the website
- Improve performance of the website and your experience
- Store your preferences (e.g. language, cookie consent) to be used during subsequent visits
- Facilitate sharing through social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter)
- Track your identity to secure our online services (e.g. internet banking)
Types of Cookies we use
Cookies may be accessed either by our website directly, or by third-parties through our website. As such, there are two broad categories of cookies as described below:
- First-party cookies: These cookies are set by our own website and are typically used for website performance and user tracking.
- Third-party cookies: These are placed on your device by third-parties, which provide specific services to us. While we have allowed these third-parties to use our website to distribute these cookies, neither do we retain control over the information supplied by these cookies, nor do we retain access to the cookies data. The information is controlled solely by the third-parties in accordance with their privacy policies. We encourage you to consult the privacy policies of these third-parties to understand how these cookies are used.
Lifetime of Cookies on Your Device
Cookies can remain on your device for different periods of time. Based on their lifetime, cookies can be classified into the following:
- Session cookies: These cookies exist only for as long as you use your web browser or session. They are automatically deleted by the browser when you close it.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies remain on your device even after your browser is closed.
Cookies Used on Our Websites
Our websites use the following cookies:
Opting-out of Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics for tracking website usage and this service is provided by a third-party, which is Google Corporation. Although limited information is gathered by the Google Analytics platform, you can opt out of having your data captured on this platform by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Refer to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Matching Cookies Data With Other Identifiers
We do not link information gathered through cookies with other direct personal identifiers (e.g. your name, email address, telephone number).
You can manage the cookies which are stored on your device. However, please note that if you choose to decline or delete cookies, you may not be able to use the full functionality of our website. Note that the preference to decline cookies on this website, also uses a cookie and hence by deleting this cookie, you will have to specify your preference every time you visit our website.
- Using your web browser to control cookies
- Common web browsers allow you to view, manage, delete and block cookies. The hyperlinks below redirect to the guidance provided by the respective vendors for managing cookies:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- MacOS Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
- Using the customisation tool on this website
You can use the customisation tool which is available on this website to change your cookie settings. All customisations relate to cookies used by this website only.
If you have disabled one or more cookies but you have not deleted them on your device, we may still use the information collected from these cookies prior to your choice to disable them. However, we will not be able to use the disabled cookies to gather further information.
Changes to this Policy
In our commitment to keep you informed, we will update this policy as and when necessary to reflect changes in our practices. If we make material changes to the way in which we collect, use or share information held in cookies, we will notify you by prominently posting a notice of the changes on our website. We nevertheless recommend that you check this page from time to time to inform yourself of any changes.
Terms and conditions governing data protection and processing
To know more about the processing of personal data, please refer to Terms and Conditions Governing Data Protection and Processing.
If you need any further clarification in relation to cookies, please contact us on [email protected].